Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Trojan Horse?

Well, it appears Villaraigosa's Trojan horse was invited in today. With a 6-1 vote, the Los Angeles Unified School District decided that what it was doing wasn't good enough and will be handing over it's schools to other agencies.

LAUSD is a screwed up district. Don't get me wrong, I do think the district needs to be overhaulled but I'm not sure handing it to others piece by piece is a viable alternative. Many of the things that cause the most frustration to most of us were rules imposed by the board and/or people that were long gone. I believe in the system but if things are not working, let me have the flexability to innovate and if it doesn't work hold me accountable.

I am only 1 of the many that will leave the district soon. LAUSD will see a brain drain the likes that has not been seen since East Germany in 1945. I wonder how the Board is going to build a wall around itself.

I am looking forward to being in a distrct where I can talk to the Superintendent as easy as I can to my secretary. I am not afraid of accountability as long as I am provided the means to do what is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment